Please sign and share the petition 'Tighten regulation on taking, making and faking explicit images' at Change.org initiated by Helen Mort to the w:Law Commission (England and Wales) to properly update UK laws against synthetic filth. Only name and email required to support, no nationality requirement.
When it cannot be determined by human testing or media forensics whether some fake voice is a synthetic fake of some person's voice, or is it an actual recording made of that person's actual real voice, it is a pre-recorded digital sound-alike.
Welcome to Stop Synthetic Filth! wiki, an open w:non-profit w:copylefted w:public service announcement wiki that contains no pornography and that anybody can edit anonymously or with a free account available upon reasonable request.
This is a wiki about discovering ways of stopping and minimizing the damage from synthetic human-like fakes i.e naked digital look-alikes and digital sound-alikes that result from covert modeling i.e. thieving of the human appearance and of the naked human voice.
Adequate Porn Watcher AI (concept) #SSF! wiki proposed countermeasure to synthetic porn: Adequate Porn Watcher AI is a 2019 concept for an AI to protect the humans against synthetic filth attacks by looking for porn that should not be.
Biblical explanation - The books of Daniel and Revelation, wherein Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 we are warned of this age of industrial filth, is for those who believe in Jesus.
Current and possible laws and their application | Mediatheque | Glossary | Resources | Marketing against synthetic filth | Quotes | Atheist explanation | About this wiki | Scratchpad for quick drafting, sandbox if you want to try editing.
As of 14 June 2021 the wiki has 13 articles with 2,555 edits.
Synopses of SSF! wiki in other languages in wordpress
- Stop Synthetic Filth! wordpress in English #SSF! contains a contact form and a chat.
- Arrêtons les saletés synthétiques! accueil en français #ASS! contient un chat
- Stoppi synteettiselle saastalle! kotisivu suomeksi #SSS! sisältää chätin
- Stoppa syntetisk orenhet! hemsida på svenska #SSO! innehåller en chatt
- Stopp sünteetisele saastale! koduleht eesti keeles #SSS! sisaldab vestlust
#SSF!'s predecessor domain is Ban-Covert-Modeling.org #BCM!. It will expire on Wednesday 2029-03-14, unless renewed.
Get in touch
- If you have any questions you can contact Juho Kunsola through the contact form or the chat at the SSF! wordpress or alternatively leave a note on my my talk page
- Stop Synthetic Filth is email@example.com on diaspora*
- Stop Synthetic Filth is @stopsyntheticf on twitter
Introduction Since the early 00's it has become (nearly) impossible to determine in still or moving pictures what is an image of a human, imaged with a (movie) camera and what on the other hand is a simulation of an image of a human imaged with a simulation of a camera. When there is no camera and the target being imaged with a simulation looks deceptively like some real human, dead or living, it is a digital look-alike.
Now in the late 2010's the equivalent thing is happening to our voices i.e. they can be stolen to some extent with the 2016 prototypes like w:Adobe Inc.'s w:Adobe Voco and w:Google's w:DeepMind w:WaveNet and made to say anything. When it is not possible to determine with human testing or testing with technological means what is a recording of some living or dead person's real voice and what is a simulation it is a digital sound-alike. 2018 saw the publication of Google Research's sound-like-anyone machine 'Transfer Learning from Speaker Verification to Multispeaker Text-To-Speech Synthesis' at the w:NeurIPS conference and by the end of 2019 Symantec research had learned of 3 cases where digital sound-alike technology had been used for crimes.
- In the 2018 at the w:Conference on Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS) the work 'Transfer Learning from Speaker Verification to Multispeaker Text-To-Speech Synthesis' (at arXiv.org) was presented. The pre-trained model is able to steal voices from a sample of only 5 seconds with almost convincing results
Observe how good the "VCTK p240" system is at deceiving to think that it is a person that is doing the talking.
The Iframe above is transcluded from 'Audio samples from "Transfer Learning from Speaker Verification to Multispeaker Text-To-Speech Synthesis"' at google.gituhub.io, the audio samples of a sound-like-anyone machine presented as at the 2018 w:NeurIPS conference by Google researchers.
Therefore it is high time to act and to ban unauthorized synthetic pornography, build the Adequate Porn Watcher AI (concept) to protect humanity from visual synthetic filth and to criminalize covert modeling of the naked human voice and synthesis from a covert voice model!
Covert modeling poses growing threats to
- The right to be the only one that looks like me (compromised by digital look-alikes)
- The right to be the only one able to make recordings that sound like me (compromised by digital sound-alikes)
And these developments have various severe effects on the right to privacy, provability by audio and video evidence and deniability.
Thank yous for tech
Drew, Harwell (2020-04-16). "An artificial-intelligence first: Voice-mimicking software reportedly used in a major theft". w:washingtonpost.com. w:Washington Post. Retrieved 2021-01-23.
Thieves used voice-mimicking software to imitate a company executive’s speech and dupe his subordinate into sending hundreds of thousands of dollars to a secret account, the company’s insurer said