Please sign and share the petition 'Tighten regulation on taking, making and faking explicit images' at Change.org initiated by Helen Mort to the w:Law Commission (England and Wales) to properly update UK Laws against synthesis and other related crimes. Only name and email required to support, no nationality requirement.
Help against appearance and voice theft
Help in case of appearance or voice theft
This article is an attempt to gather resources for people who get hit with synthetic filth attacks.
Got attacked? Save evidence, report, take content down from search engines, take content down from the site(s).[edit | edit source]
In case of something showing up on the Internet that is not supposed to show up[edit | edit source]
Report child sexual abuse material nearly anywhere[edit | edit source]
- Report child sexual abuse imagery at support.google.com contains a large compendium of organizations to report child sexual abuse material to, organized by country.
Take down harmful things from Google[edit | edit source]
Take down involuntary fake pornography from Google[edit | edit source]
If involuntary fake pornography that looks like you shows up on Google, you can get it removed from Google since September 2018.
Form for removing involuntary fake pornography at support.google.com, select "I want to remove: A fake nude or sexually explicit picture or video of myself". Information on removing involuntary fake pornography from Google at support.google.com . Google added “involuntary synthetic pornographic imagery” to its ban list in September 2018, allowing anyone to request the search engine block results that falsely depict them as “nude or in a sexually explicit situation.”
Take down images of your minors from Google[edit | edit source]
On Wednesday 2021-10-27 Google installed a new policy that will allow minors or their caregivers to request their images be removed from the company's search results, saying that "kids and teens have to navigate some unique challenges online, especially when a picture of them is unexpectedly available on the internet." Use the form - Request to remove your personal information on Google at support.google.com to request removal of your minors' pictures from Google searches.
Take down your personal info from Google search results[edit | edit source]
Since 2022 Google is offering a new tool to anyone who doesn't want their phone number, email, street address, government issued ID-numbers, bank and credit card numbers, images of handwritten signatures, images of ID documents, restricted, personal and medical documents and confidential login credentials to be found via Google. - Request leaked personal information takedown from Google with the form found in Remove select personally identifiable info (PII) or doxxing content from Google Search at support.google.com
Take non-consensual intimate imagery down from Bing[edit | edit source]
- Non-consensual Intimate Imagery Reporting Form at microsoft.com - Use this form to ask us to remove a nude or sexually explicit image(s) or video(s) of you or someone you are legally authorized to represent that has been produced or shared without consent.
Take harmful content down from other services[edit | edit source]
- Is Your Explicit Content Out There? - helpful instructions for content removal from various platforms at missingkids.org
- Get it removed instructions for content removal from various platforms at 50shadesofsilence.com
Report it and get support[edit | edit source]
- IWF Reporting Portals at iwf.org.uk offer a mechanism for reporting online child sexual abuse imagery for countries that do not currently have this facility.
- HeartMob at iheartmob.org - HeartMob is a community dedicated to helping those experiencing online harassment - how it works - resources and social media safety guides and ONLINE HARASSMENT: A COMPARATIVE POLICY ANALYSIS FOR HOLLABACK at iheartmob.org compares online harassment laws in Australia, Canada, UK and the USA. HeartMob is a service of Hollaback, a global, people-powered movement to end harassment.
Consider reporting it to the AI following incident databases[edit | edit source]
- Artificial Intelligence Algorithmic Automation Incidents Controversies at aiaaic.org[contact 1][contacted 1] was founded by Charlie Pownall. The AIAAIC repository at aiaaic.org contains tons of reporting on different problematic uses of AI.
- The 'AI Incident Database' at incidentdatabase.ai was introduced on 2020-11-18 by the w:Partnership on AI.
By country[edit | edit source]
Canada[edit | edit source]
- Protecting Children Online at cybertip.ca - As Canada’s tipline for reporting online child sexual abuse and exploitation, Cybertip.ca is dedicated to reducing child victimization through technology, education, public awareness, along with supporting survivors and their families. Cybertip.ca is operated by the Canadian Centre for Child Protection (C3P) at protectchildren.ca, a Canadian national charity dedicated to the personal safety of children.
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline at awhl.org - For over 30 years, the Assaulted Women’s Helpline has served as a free, anonymous and confidential 24-hour telephone and TTY crisis telephone line to all women in the province of Ontario who have experienced any form of abuse.
China[edit | edit source]
Law against synthetic human-like fakes in China[edit | edit source]
Finland[edit | edit source]
- 'The Finnish Hotline Nettivihje' at pelastakaalapset.fi, 'Nettivihje' in Finnish at pelastakaalapset.fi, 'Nettivihje Hotline' in Swedish at pelastakaalapset.fi you can report child abuse material.
India[edit | edit source]
Antiabuse.in[edit | edit source]
- https://www.antiabuse.in/ is a service in India for people to share anonymously stories of sexual harassment and violence against kids and women. - Anti Abuse Organization was founded by Mr. Bala Murugan MCA., on 6th April 2022 to make a safer society for the kids and women. It’s one of the Major Projects of World Karate Masters Association (Non Profit Organization) focused on the betterment of Humanity.
Japan[edit | edit source]
- Lighthouse at lhj.jp: Center for Human Trafficking Victims is an NPO that works to eliminate the issue of human trafficking, especially sex trafficking, in Japan.
UK[edit | edit source]
Everyone can report harmful content[edit | edit source]
- 'Helping everyone to report harmful content online' at reportharmfulcontent.com, an UK service for reporting many kinds of harmful content.
- 'Helpu pawb i riportio cynnwys niweidiol ar-lein' at reportharmfulcontent.com in Irish (Cymraeg)
- Report a hate crime at report-it.org.uk. report-it.org.uk is a service by True Vision owned by the The w:National Police Chiefs' Council.
'Report Remove' for under 19 yr old in UK[edit | edit source]
- Report Remove: Remove a nude image shared online at childline.org.uk[1st seen in 1]. Report Remove is a service for under 19 yr olds by w:Childline, a UK service by w:National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC) and powered by technology from the w:Internet Watch Foundation. - Childline is here to help anyone under 19 in the UK with any issue they’re going through. Info on Report Remove at iwf.org.uk
Revenge Porn Helpline[edit | edit source]
- ''The Revenge Porn Helpline'' at revengepornhelpline.org.uk - The Revenge Porn Helpline supports adult victims of intimate image abuse who live in the UK.
- According to Revenge Porn Helpline article What to do if someone is threatening to share your intimate images threats to share intimate images with the intent to cause distress is now an offense in UK law. This is included within the w:Domestic Abuse Act 2021 which was enacted into UK law on 29th June 2021.
Enough campaign[edit | edit source]
- 'Enough.'-campaign at enough.campaign.gov.uk - No-one should live in fear of abuse. Enough is enough. We can all do our bit to keep women and girls safe.
- 'Digon.'-campaign (in Welsh) at enough.campaign.gov.uk - Ni ddylai neb fyw mewn ofn o gamdriniaeth. Digon yw digon. Gall pob un ohonom wneud ein rhan i gadw menywod a merched yn ddiogel.
Anti-bullying in the UK[edit | edit source]
USA[edit | edit source]
Laws in the USA against synthetic non-consensual pornography[edit | edit source]
Laws against synthesis and other related crimes have been put in place at least in USA
- Law on synthetic filth in Virginia 2019
- Law on synthetic filth in Texas 2019 (election candidates only, sorry)
- Law on synthetic filth in California 2020
- Law on synthetic filth in Georgia in 2021
- Law on synthetic filth in New York State in 2021
Helpful organizations in the USA[edit | edit source]
- Association of Sites Advocating Child Protection at asacp.org - The w:Association of Sites Advocating Child Protection (ASACP) is an American w:nonprofit organization that fights Internet w:child pornography and works to help parents prevent children from viewing age-inappropriate material online. (Wikipedia) REPORT CHILD EXPLOITATION at asacp.org
- Report an online incident aimed at children at report.cybertip.org
- Cyber Civil Rights Initiative at cybercivilrights.org, a US-based NGO.[contact 2] History / Mission / Vision of cybercivilrights.org
- Get help now - CCRI Safety Center at cybercivilrights.org - CCRI Image Abuse Helpline - If you are a victim of Image- Based Sexual Abuse (IBSA), please call the CCRI Image Abuse Helpline at 1-844-878-2274, which is available free of charge, 24/7.
- Existing Nonconsensual Pornography, Sextortion, and Deep Fake Laws at cybercivilrights.org
- Battling Against Demeaning and Abusive Selfie Sharing at badassarmy.org have compiled a list of revenge porn laws by US states
- FacePinPoint.com was a service from 2017 to 2021 for pointing out where in pornography sites a particular face appears, or in the case of synthetic pornography, a digital look-alike makes make-believe of a face or body appearing.[contacted 2]
- MarchAgainstRevengePorn.org[1st seen in 2] - They offer e.g. Talk now form to reach out, legal defense fund for mini-grants to victims and some resources.
- Get help lists at 50shadesofsilence.com[1st seen in 3]
- StopBullying.gov, a federal government website managed by the w:United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Don't Call The Police at dontcallthepolice.com - Community-based alternatives to police in your city
New York City
- Report Student-to-Student Discrimination, Intimidation, and Harassment, Including Sexual Harassment and/or Bullying at nycenet.edu
- Respect for All: Preventing and Addressing Student-to-Student Discrimination, Sexual and Other Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying at schools.nyc.gov - resources and yearly week of awareness in February
Recent losses in the struggle against synthetic human-like fakes - FacePinPoint.com 2017-2021[edit | edit source]
FacePinPoint.com was a countermeasure to non-consensual pornography in 2017-2021, invented by Lionel Hagege in 2015, that would protect humanity against the destructive effects of malicious synthetic pornography, if it were revived and purveyed as a public good. The inventor and founder of FacePinPoint.com, Mr. Lionel Hagege registered the domain name in 2015, when he set out to research the feasibility of his action plan idea against non-consensual pornography. The description of how FacePinPoint.com worked is the same as Adequate Porn Watcher AI (concept)'s description.
On 3rd of October 2019 California outlawed with the AB-602 the use of w:human image synthesis technologies to make fake pornography without the consent of the people depicted in. The law was authored by Assembly member w:Marc Berman. The law came into effect 2020-01-01.
[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Contact information[edit | edit source]
Please contact these organizations and tell them to work harder against the disinformation weapons
Contact Artificial Intelligence Algorithmic Automation Incidents Controversies (AIAAIC) at aiaaic.org
- The Bradfield Centre
- 184 Cambridge Science Park
- Cambridge, CB4 0GA
- United Kingdom
Contact Cyber Civil Rights Initiative at cybercivilrights.org
- Contact form https://cybercivilrights.org/contact-us/
- CCRI is located in Coral Gables, Florida, USA.
Contacted[edit | edit source]
Contacted Artificial Intelligence Algorithmic Automation Incidents Controversies (AIAAIC) at aiaaic.org
- 2022-01-04 | Sent them email to info [at] aiaaic.org mentioning their site is down and thanking them for their effort
- 2022-01-04 | Received reply from Charlie. Replied back asking what is "AIAAIC" short for and Charlie Pownall responded "Artificial Intelligence Algorithmic Automation Incidents Controversies"
Contacted Lionel Hagege / FacePinPoint.com
- 2022-02-22 - 2022-02-28 - We exchanged some messages with Mr. Hagege. I got some information to him that I thought he really should know and also got a very hope-bearing answer to my question about the IP: Mr. Hagege owns it after the dissolution of the company in 2021 and he would be interested in getting at it again, but only if sufficient financing would be supplied.
- 2022-02-21 - 2nd contact - I got another free month of LinkedIn pro and sent LinkedIn mail to Mr. Hagege, explaining the pressing need for FacePinPoint.com to make a return, as a public good. Hoping to get an answer.
- 2021-12-18 - first contact - I managed to reach someone at FacePinPoint via their Facebook chat and they told me that they could not find funding and needed to shut shop.
Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command).
References[edit | edit source]
Harwell, Drew (2018-12-30). "Fake-porn videos are being weaponized to harass and humiliate women: 'Everybody is a potential target'". w:The Washington Post. Retrieved 2021-01-31.
In September [of 2018], Google added “involuntary synthetic pornographic imagery” to its ban list
- whois facepinpoint.com
- Mihalcik, Carrie (2019-10-04). "California laws seek to crack down on deepfakes in politics and porn". w:cnet.com. w:CNET. Retrieved 2021-01-31.