FacePinPoint.com was a service from 2017 to 2021 for pointing out where in pornography sites a particular face appears, or in the case of synthetic pornography, a digital look-alike makes make-believe of a face or body appearing.[contacted 1]
The inventor and founder of FacePinPoint.com, Mr. Lionel Hagege registered the domain name in 2015, when he set out to research the feasibility of his action plan idea against non-consensual pornography. The description of how FacePinPoint.com worked is the same as Adequate Porn Watcher AI (concept)'s description.
Facepinpoint Inc. was founded on Friday 2017-08-11, registered in Delaware, but their office was in Beverly Hills.
The service officially launched on Saturday 2017-10-28 and to date they have indexed over 10 million faces from X-rated sites and blogs. FacePinPoint.com employed a "face recognition two-factor authentication process" to stop anyone running a search with somebody else's facial features.
Very unfortunately Facepinpoint Inc. filed for surrender on Friday 2021-06-11.
As of Dec 2021 their website is still up with domain name expiry date of 2023-12-04, but the AI service is no longer available, registrations are closed and their contact form doesn't work anymore.
- FacePinPoint.com homepage at facepinpoint.com (archived)
- How it works at facepinpoint.com (archived)
- About us at facepinpoint.com - Lionel Hagege explains why he got on the mission (archived)
- Non-consensual pornography laws / state revenge porn laws by state in the USA at facepinpoint.com compiled by C.A. Goldberg, PLLC at cagoldberglaw.com (archived)
Contact FacePinPoint.com and tell them to get back to fulfilling their mission
- FacePinPoint.com on linkedin.com
- Lionel Hagege on linkedin.com
- FacePinPoint at twitter.com
- FacePinPoint at facebook.com
- FacePinPoint at instagram.com
Contacted[edit | edit source]
Contacted Lionel Hagege / FacePinPoint.com
- 2022-10-07 - Sent LinkedIn-mail to Lionel about https://theconversation.com/deepfake-audio-has-a-tell-researchers-use-fluid-dynamics-to-spot-artificial-imposter-voices-189104 as I had promised to do so when I find out that someone has found something that sounds like it could work against the digital sound-alikes.
- 2022-02-22 - 2022-02-28 - We exchanged some messages with Mr. Hagege. I got some information to him that I thought he really should know and also got a very hope-bearing answer to my question about the IP: Mr. Hagege owns it after the dissolution of the company in 2021 and he would be interested in getting at it again, but only if sufficient financing would be supplied.
- 2022-02-21 - 2nd contact - I got another free month of LinkedIn pro and sent LinkedIn mail to Mr. Hagege, explaining the pressing need for FacePinPoint.com to make a return, as a public good. Hoping to get an answer.
- 2021-12-18 - first contact - I managed to reach someone at FacePinPoint via their Facebook chat and they told me that they could not find funding and needed to shut shop.
Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command).
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ whois facepinpoint.com
- ↑ https://www.facepinpoint.com/aboutus
- ↑ https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/SearchResults?filing=&SearchType=CORP&SearchCriteria=Facepinpoint+Inc.&SearchSubType=Keyword
- ↑ https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/facepinpoint-officially-launched-october-28th-lionel-hagege/
- ↑ https://www.facepinpoint.com/home
- ↑ https://www.facepinpoint.com/how-it-works
- ↑ https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Document/RetrievePDF?Id=04054616-30737954