- Audience: Developed with suitability for national, supranational and UN treaty levels.
- Writing context:
- Written from context of inclusion to criminal codes.
- I'm a Finn so this has been worded to fit in the Chapter 24 of the Criminal Code of Finland (in Finnish at finlex.fi) titled "Offences against privacy, public peace and personal reputation"
- Access the English translations of the Finnish Criminal Code at finlex.fi or go straight to the latest .pdf from 2016. Chapter 24 starts on page 107.
- History: This version is an evolution of a Finnish language original written in 2016.
Existing law in Chapter 24. of the Finnish Criminal Code - "Offences against privacy, public peace and personal reputation" seems to be ineffective against many synthetic human-like fake attack and seems it could be used to frame victims for crimes with digital sound-alikes.
The portions affected by or affecting the synthetic filth situation in bold font:
- Section 1 - Invasion of domestic premises (879/2013)
- Section 1(a) - Harassing communications (879/2013)
- Section 2 - Aggravated invasion of domestic premises (531/2000)
- Section 3 - Invasion of public premises (585/2005)
- Section 4 - Aggravated invasion of public premises (531/2000)
- Section 5 - Eavesdropping (531/2000)
- Section 6 - Illicit observation (531/2000)
- Section 7 - Preparation of eavesdropping or illicit observation (531/2000)
- Section 8 - Dissemination of information violating personal privacy (879/2013)
- Section 8(a) - Aggravated dissemination of information violating personal privacy (879/2013)
- Section 9 - Defamation (879/2013)
- Section 10 - Aggravated defamation (879/2013)
- Section 11 - Definition (531/2000)
- Section 12 - Right to bring charges (879/2013)
- Section 13 - Corporate criminal liability (511/2011)
Law proposals to ban covert modeling by Juho Kunsola
Law proposal to ban covert modeling of human voice
§1 Covert modeling of a human voice
Acquiring such a model of a human's voice, that deceptively resembles some dead or living person's voice model of human voice, possession, purchase, sale, yielding, import and export without the express consent of the target is punishable.
§2 Application of covert voice models
Producing and making available media from a covert voice model is punishable.
§3 Aggravated application of covert voice models
If produced media is for a purpose to
- frame a human target or targets for crimes
- to attempt extortion or
- to defame the target,
the crime should be judged as aggravated.
Law proposal to ban covert modeling of human appearance
Obs. Should banning modeling people's appearance without explicit permission be pursued it must be formulated so that this does not make Adequate Porn Watcher AI illegal / impossible.
One would assume that collecting permissions to model each porn is not plausible, so the question is that can we ban covert modeling from non-pornographic pictures, while still retaining the ability to model all porn found on the Internet.
§1 Covert modeling of human appearance
- A 3D model
- A 7D bidirectional reflectance distribution function model and similar in results, but technically different model
- A direct-to-2D capable model and similar in results, but a technically different model
without without consent covert modeling of appearance is illegal. Also possession, purchase, sale, yielding, import and export of covert models are punishable.
§2 Aggravated covert modeling of human appearance
If a covert model of the head or the face is attached to a look-alike of a naked body, regardless of whether that is synthetic or of human, the crime should be judged as aggravated.
§3 Application of covert appearance models
Projection and making available media from covert models defined in §1 is punishable.
§4 Aggravated application of covert appearance models
If the projection is portrayed in a nude or sexual situation or used with the intent to frame for a crime or for blackmail, the crime should be judged as aggravated.