Jump to navigation Jump to search
Videos on display
- w:Maeil Broadcasting Network in South Korea published an AI news anchor. It is a digital look-and-sound-alike that is also scripted by an AI
- 'Face editing with Generative Adversarial Networks' by Arxiv Insights on YouTube Premiered 2019-09-13
- 'You Won’t Believe What Obama Says In This Video!' at YouTube, an April 2018 digital look-and-sound-alike made of President Obama, uploaded by BuzzFeedVideo
- 'US Lawmakers: AI-Generated Fake Videos May Be a Security Threat' at uk.pcmag.com, 2018-09-13 reporting by Michael Kan
- 'Dating apps need women. Advertisers need diversity. AI companies offer a solution: Fake people' at washingtonpost.com, 2020-01-07 technology reporting by Drew Harwell
Content moved elsewhere
- Synthetic human-like fakes § Digital sing-alikes
- Resources § Explore
- Synthetic human-like fakes § Age analysis and rejuvenating and aging syntheses
Digital look-alikes, lighting capture, simulation and relighting
- 'Depth estimation meets inverse rendering for single image novel view synthesis' at dl.acm.org published in CVMP '19: European Conference on Visual Media Production in December 2019
- 'Deep view synthesis from sparse photometric images' at dl.acm.org[1st seen in 1] presented at the w:ACM Transactions on Graphics in July 2019. View or download a video of the presentation of the work from the acm.org-link.
- 'Local light field fusion: practical view synthesis with prescriptive sampling guidelines' at dl.acm.org presented at the w:ACM Transactions on Graphics in July 2019
- 'Deep view synthesis from sparse photometric images' at dl.acm.org presented at the w:ACM Transactions on Graphics in July 2019
- 'Deep reflectance fields: high-quality facial reflectance field inference from color gradient illumination' at dl.acm.org[1st seen in 2] presented at the w:ACM Transactions on Graphics in July 2019. View or download video of the presentation of the work from the acm.org link.
- 'High-fidelity facial reflectance and geometry inference from an unconstrained image' at dl.acm.org[1st seen in 2], a w:deep learning-based technique described in a paper presented at the w:ACM Transactions on Graphics in July 2018
- 'Computational Methods for Capture and Reproduction of Photorealistic Surface Appearance' at aaltodoc.aalto.fi, a 2016 doctoral dissertation by Miika Aittala at the w:Aalto University
- 'Face Modelling and Tracking from Range Scans' at researchgate.net (.pdf available), a January 2010 paper
- 'Facial Modeling and Animation' at researchgate.net by Jörg Haber of the w:Max Planck Institute for Informatics (August 2004)
- 'Generative Adversarial Networks for Speech Synthesis' at aaltodoc.aalto.fi, a master's thesis by Kasperi Palkama from June 2020 in w:Aalto University[1st seen in 3]
- "Shall We Play a Game?: The Rise of the Military-Entertainment Complex" at transcend.org[1st seen in 4] (2013-09-23)
- "Synthetic media, ethics, & commercial potential" at samsungnext.com (2020-11-07)
- "Facebook is using more AI to detect hate speech" at venturebeat.com (2020-05-12)
- Harvest  for info on companies and their products and services.
- 'Deepfakes and Synthetic Media in the Financial System: Assessing Threat Scenarios' at carnegieendowment.org, a 2020-07-08 assesment identifies some types of criminalities that can be made using synthetic human-like fakes.
Synthetic media landscape
- https://www.syntheticmedialandscape.com/ by Samsung Next. Downloading the guide requires contact info. Source of https://venturebeat.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Synthethic-Media-Landscape.jpg that is a chart of the industry
- 'Introducing the Bots Landscape: 170+ companies, $4 billion in funding, thousands of bots' at venturebeat.com (2016-08-11)
- 'Introducing the European Bots Landscape' at venturebeat.com (2017-01-20)
- '155 chatbots in this brand new landscape. Where does your bot fit?' at venturebeat.com (2017-06-26)