Recently discovered FacePinPoint.com, a brainchild of Mr. Lionel Hagege. It is unfortunately now closed. It was active 2017-2021.
Humanity really needs this, preferably purveyed as a public good.
Wrote an article on it, transcluded below with RDP Wiki Embed WordPress plugin. Article cache is updated only daily, so the wiki may have a newer version.
Please sign and share the petition 'Tighten regulation on taking, making and faking explicit images' at Change.org initiated by Helen Mort to the w:Law Commission (England and Wales) to properly update UK Laws against synthesis and other related crimes. Only name and email required to support, no nationality requirement.
FacePinPoint.com was a service from 2017 to 2021 for pointing out where in pornography sites a particular face appears, or in the case of synthetic pornography, a digital look-alike makes make-believe of a face or body appearing.[contacted 1]
The inventor and founder of FacePinPoint.com, Mr. Lionel Hagege registered the domain name in 2015, when he set out to research the feasibility of his action plan idea against non-consensual pornography. The description of how FacePinPoint.com worked is the same as Adequate Porn Watcher AI (concept)'s description.
Facepinpoint Inc. was founded on Friday 2017-08-11, registered in Delaware, but their office was in Beverly Hills.
The service officially launched on Saturday 2017-10-28 and to date they have indexed over 10 million faces from X-rated sites and blogs. FacePinPoint.com employed a "face recognition two-factor authentication process" to stop anyone running a search with somebody else's facial features.
Very unfortunately Facepinpoint Inc. filed for surrender on Friday 2021-06-11.
As of Dec 2021 their website is still up with domain name expiry date of 2023-12-04, but the AI service is no longer available, registrations are closed and their contact form doesn't work anymore.
- FacePinPoint.com homepage at facepinpoint.com (archived)
- How it works at facepinpoint.com (archived)
- About us at facepinpoint.com - Lionel Hagege explains why he got on the mission (archived)
- Non-consensual pornography laws / state revenge porn laws by state in the USA at facepinpoint.com compiled by C.A. Goldberg, PLLC at cagoldberglaw.com (archived)
Contact FacePinPoint.com and tell them to get back to fulfilling their mission
- FacePinPoint.com on linkedin.com
- Lionel Hagege on linkedin.com
- FacePinPoint at twitter.com
- FacePinPoint at facebook.com
- FacePinPoint at instagram.com
Contacted Lionel Hagege / FacePinPoint.com
- 2022-02-22 - 2022-02-28 - We exchanged some messages with Mr. Hagege. I got some information to him that I thought he really should know and also got a very hope-bearing answer to my question about the IP: Mr. Hagege owns it after the dissolution of the company in 2021 and he would be interested in getting at it again, but only if sufficient financing would be supplied.
- 2022-02-21 - 2nd contact - I got another free month of LinkedIn pro and sent LinkedIn mail to Mr. Hagege, explaining the pressing need for FacePinPoint.com to make a return, as a public good. Hoping to get an answer.
- 2021-12-18 - first contact - I managed to reach someone at FacePinPoint via their Facebook chat and they told me that they could not find funding and needed to shut shop.
Relay access denied (in reply to RCPT TO command).
- whois facepinpoint.com